Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Ten on Tuesday : Quotes

I got this idea a few weeks ago from Steph at A Grande Life.


First a couple of  rules:
1) take my button for your page, and leave a comment for me


 

2) Visit Steph's page, and leave her some lovin' too. 








3) sign the Linky at the bottom, leave your page and we'll all visit you too!

4) make your Ten on Tuesday list today!!  yay!!


Ten on Tuesday, Quotes Edition!!  :0)

1.  My all time favorite right now is from M.S. Merwin's poem, Separation.  It is exactly what I feel about Rowan & Levi.  All my days, hours, moments are stitched with them.   "Your absence has gone through me, like thread through a needle.  Everything I do is stitched with it's color."

2.    This old Japanese Proverb, "Fall seven times, stand up eight."

3.   I lean heavily on the promises of Jesus, more specifically this one found in Hebrews 13:5(b), "Never will I leave you, Never will I forsake you."

4.  Words from the Deluge Band's song, Refuge.  I can't listen to this enough, recommend it enough...  "All along You have been so faithful, all along You have been my refuge..."

5.  From Ronald Reagan, "A wife who loses a husband is called a widow. A husband who loses a wife is called a widower. A child who loses his parents is called an orphan. There is no word for a parent who loses a child. That's how awful the loss is."

6.  From Oswald Chambers, "It is impossible to weary the love of God."

7.  From the Watermark song, Glory Baby, "I can’t imagine heaven’s lullabies, and what they must sound like.  But I will rest in knowing, heaven is your home. And it’s all you’ll ever know…all you’ll ever know…"

Now for some a little more light-hearted:

8.  Who doesn't just love Barney Fife & Andy Griffith?  Barney Fife: [angry] Oh, you're just full of fun today, aren't you? Why don't we go up to the old people's home and wax the steps?

9.  This one is silly, but I just adore the T.V. show, The Office.  And, of course, Steve Carrell is just so adorable and hilarious.  So, my all time favorite Michael Scott (his character) quote is this, "I'm an early bird and a night owl. So I'm wise and I have worms."

10.  And, this one is also silly, because I really like another show on T.V., Glee.  And Sue Sylvester (Jane Lynch) is just too much.  "Sue: You know, for me trophies are like herpes. You can try to get rid of them but they just keep coming. Sue Sylvester has hourly flair ups of burning itchy highly contagious talent."


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol those are awesome quote Amanda! Thank you for sharing the first ones as well. Very special.