Thursday, October 21, 2010

mindful or mind full ??

Blah.
What to do with all the excess.  All the spilling over.  All the emotions left over at the day's end..all the questions that bounce around keeping me from sweet sleep...all the crap!

A question that I've been battered with, battered myself with...whatever...this week is, "Why would God give us two babies, and then take them both back?"  I know I won't understand this side of Heaven, and I know that sometimes bad things happen, and I know that sin in the world (our lives) has consequences...yes I know all that...so please don't write to me and include mess like that...in fact maybe I'll learn to disable comments for this particular post.  It is really just a rhetorical question for me.  I am beginning to think it's a faith stretcher.  

Grief is a strange thing.  It comes and goes, and you never know when it will be triggered.  It's almost like that annoying younger sibling hiding around the corner, waiting to scare you in the dark...but when it's gone you sort of miss it!?

Isaiah 25:1, 7-9, 12
O LORD, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago. 

On this mountain he will destroy the shroud that enfolds all peoples, the sheet that covers all nations;
he will swallow up death forever.  The Sovereign LORD will wipe away the tears from all face; he will remove the disgrace of his people from all the earth.  The LORD has spoken.   In that day they will say, "Surely this is our God; we trusted in him, and he saved us.   This is the LORD, we trusted in him; let us rejoice and be glad in his salvation." 

He will bring down your high fortified walls and lay them low; he will bring them down to the ground, to the very dust.

4 comments:

heather said...

oh Amanda, My prayers are with you and Matt as you both go through all of this. You all are loved and valued so much. I personally have never been through what you are going through and yet your blog helps me in my walk with our Daddy. Thank you so much for sharing and being so honest in all that you two are going through. Blessings dear sister in Christ.

Marie W said...

I ask the same question and still no answer. {hugs}

Carol said...

I too am experiencing overwhelming grief right now. I lost my precioius Aunt on Oct 4. She was more like my Mother than my Aunt. My heart is breaking and I just can't seem to get back into the swing of life just yet. Some things we have no answer for.

Kelly said...

I ask myself those things all the time. I wish I had answers for you. (((HUGS)))