Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Thoughtful Wednesday: Just the Two of Us

 

Merry Christmas.  I know, it's still a few days away...

We believed that this year would be so different from last year.  And, it is....just not in the way we had hoped.  We are missing our babies so much this season.  It is really hard to be a parent to two dead children, but it is even harder during the holidays.  And, it is even harder still when you see family you haven't seen all year and they don't understand why you are still upset, or sad, and why you aren't just thrilled to be part of the holiday family time....

It is just hard.  I do not know why Matt and I have been assigned this portion from the Lord.  I do not understand His ways, or His thoughts toward us.  I did see something the other day that brought joy to me though:

5 comments:

Theodora Ofosuhima said...

Great message, it's going to be my motto.

Happy Holidays to you and Matt!

Marie W said...

I love that quote! Sometimes we are overcome by our grief that we think we are being punished -I have surely felt this way. Then I come to my senses and remind myself that my God is a faithful God who desires everything good for me. Sending love and hugs this tough holiday season.

Katharine (LauraKat81) said...

I love that quote too! Thank you for sharing it! Merry Christmas Amanda! I hope the new year turns out wonderful for all of us in all the ways we hope for!

Anonymous said...

Hello dear. I just had to comment. I feel very strongly that we are certainly not punished. But by the same thought process neither are we rewarded. Some people,like you and I who are subjected to terrible personal tragedies; like war refugees and victims of natural disasters inexplicably have a more bitter cup than others. My life became much more peaceful and acccepting when I understood that 'being good' had absolutely no influence on anything.

Patty said...

True on what the anonymous said but I still like this quote. Maybe there is a better word for "reward." Like the anonymous is saying, it's not like other moms are being "rewarded" with kids but we're left hanging or robbed of our babies...I ADMIT feeling this way though. Sin has damaged our bodies too...I don't understand how other babies miraculously survive and ours didn't. His ways are higher and I will never understand here on earth...