Saturday, April 30, 2011

10-Day Challenge! Day 4

Finally!  I have found a small, daily, challenge that caught my interest.  I'm taking part in this 10 Day YOU Challenge!  I found it on Jacqui's blog.  It will be short and sweet!  And, hopefully, get me back into blogging more regularly!


Day 4
Four Books

4:  The Bible.  Most specifically the book of Isaiah.
Isaiah 49:1(b)-4
Before I was born the LORD called me; from my mother’s womb he has spoken my name.  He made my mouth like a sharpened sword, in the shadow of his hand he hid me; He made me into a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.  He said to me, “You are my servant, Israel, in whom I will display my splendor.”  But I said, “I have labored in vain; I have spent my strength for nothing at all.  Yet what is due me is in the LORD’s hand, and my reward is with my God.”

3:  The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
“Most people don’t have any idea about all the complicated life going on inside a hive. Bees have a secret life we don’t know anything about” -August, p.148

2:  32 Third Graders and One Class Bunny by Phillip Done
"The main reason I became a teacher is that I like being the first one to introduce kids to words and music and people and numbers and concepts and idea that they have never heard about or thought about before. I like being the first one to tell them about Long John Silver and negative numbers and Beethoven and alliteration and "Oh, What a Beautiful Morning" and similes and right angles and Ebenezer Scrooge. . . Just think about what you know today. You read. You write. You work with numbers. You solve problems. We take all these things for granted. But of course you haven't always read. You haven't always known how to write. You weren't born knowing how to subtract 199 from 600. Someone showed you. There was a moment when you moved from not knowing to knowing, from not understanding to understanding. That's why I became a teacher."

1:  Are You There God?  It's Me, Margaret. by Judy Blume

“Are you there God? It's me, Margaret. I just told my mother I want a bra. Please help me grow God. You know where. I want to be like everyone else.”

No comments: