Thursday, November 13, 2008

taking things for granted - who, me??

from Elisabeth Elliot's – Keep a Quiet Heart

On page 135, in the chapter called Waiting she quotes several Bible verses and then writes the following:

"Restlessness and impatience change nothing except our peace and joy. Peace does not dwell in outward things, but in the heart prepared to wait trustfully and quietly on Him who has all things safely in His hands."

These words comfort me, and along with Psalm 40:1 "I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry," make me glad that I have a God who is big enough to have my life worked out...and yet humble enough to lift me up into His big arms and love on me personally.

We had some news re: our 'no baby' status from the doctor, but I'm not emotionally ready to post it for the world to see. I will be glad to receive your prayers on the matter...but I need some time to process information and to learn more about what may be in store...

No comments: