Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I saw this today on another grieving momma's blog. I really like the way it captures how I'm feeling.

My grief is like a river,
I have to let it flow,
But I myself determine,
Just where the banks will go.

Some days the current takes me
In waves of guilt and pain
But there are always quiet pools
Where I can rest again.

I crash on rocks of anger
My faith seems faint indeed
But there are other swimmers
Who know just what I need

And loving hands to hold me
When the waters are too swift
And someone kind to listen
When I just seem to drift

Grief's river is a process
Of relinquishing the past
By swimming in Hope's channels
I'll reach the shore at last

~Cynthia G. Kelley~


Today marks 3 long months that Rowan has been gone. My heart breaks knowing in a few weeks he will be gone longer than he was here. I hate knowing that, and I super-hate that I'll go on being here without him.

My heart is an open sore, aching and unhealed. How long? How long Lord? May you receive Your glory through this hard time, and may You be found by many. My hope rests still in You Lord and I pray that You will give me a glimpse of Your purposes for Matt and me, and even our beloved Rowan.

Job 1:21(b) "The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away: may the name of the LORD be praised."

No comments: