Thursday, September 2, 2010

30-day blog journal - Day 21

Day 21 - a recipe

My most favorite meal is Sheppard's Pie.  



I make mine super easy!

Ingredients:
1 lb hamburger/turkey
1 box/bag instant mashed potatoes
1 can baked beans
2 lb bag of cheese

Directions:
brown a pound of hamburger meat (I use ground turkey)
make up a box/bag of instant mashed potatoes

layer ground meat, mashed potatoes, baked beans, cheese (repeat)

I make mine in a 9x13 pyrex glass pan, and cook at 400 for 20 minutes.  I'd just let the cheese on top get good and crispy.  It's not necessary to warm the beans first as they will cook in the oven.

I've seen this done with carrots, peas, whatever veggies you like.  I just like mine to be really simple and easy to get done in about 30 minutes.  Oh, and there will be so much food - so invite your friends...or invite me over to help eat it up!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*drools*

I love Sheppard's Pie. I also love the fact that you don't use cream corn. So gross. My husband loves it with cream corn and I refuse to touch that stuff. So gross lol.

Amanda said...

yuck. creamed corn... i can't think of any food I like less. bleeee