Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Thoughtful Wednesday:



One thing that I spend a lot of time thinking about is how to be a victorious person.  I don't want to be a victim, or someone stuck in a pity party.  Somedays it's really hard to see how anything good can come from what Matt and I have lived through this past year.  Somedays I can barely force myself out of bed.  But, I want to live a life that honors the short lives of our children...and I know that rotting away in bed isn't going to honor anyone.

I'm not strong.  Far from it, in fact, I'm just barely staying sane.  What I am, however, is someone who tries to be faithful.  I know that it is only by the grace and mercy shown to me by Jesus that I have been able to overcome great distress and heartbreak.  It is only because of the strength in the loving arms of Jesus that I know I am destined for more than the life of a babyloss momma. 

I have been thinking an awful lot about clinging to the promises of Jesus, and just what it would be like to be an overcomer....a miracle.  I want people to look at my life, and say, you know she didn't have an easy path...but she kept on going. 

Psalm 31:19
How great is your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear you, which you bestow in the sight of men on those who take refuge in you.

1 comment:

Theodora Ofosuhima said...

Wonderful post. This post bring people up and coming from you people can truly say "she didn't have an easy path...but she kept on going."

Writing this post make you a strong person. The loss of your children is a great loss but you have opened your heart up and this path will only heal you.

Thanks for sharing again.