Saturday, December 4, 2010

Faces of Loss Monthly Topic: November, Blessings

I know, I'm a bit late on the draw...  


November’s topic: It’s easy to focus on all the negative things that come from losing a baby, but have you discovered any ‘blessings in disguise’ throughout your journey? What can you find to be thankful for related to your loss?


It is so much easier to focus on the negatives.  Thinking about blessings makes me feel guilty.  And, yes, I know it's all in my head -- but that's all I've got!


But seriously, I think that I've been most blessed to have been pregnant with my boys at all.  Since their deaths I've read loads of blogs from wanna-be mommas.  It makes my heart ache for them.  Although completely different, I know that pain of wanting a child so badly...  


I cannot think of 'blessings in disguise' as all of our blessings seem to be so blatant.  I think that the biggest thing we have 'gained' since losing the babies is the support of a huge online community of other grieving parents....and although I hate so much that we all need each other...I am so glad this community exists.

No comments: