Tuesday, May 29, 2012

more on sleep training

Success!!  Noah has slept 12 hours each night since last Friday.  It took 6 days to wean him off of night feedings.  yay!!  He goes down to bed without any fussing.  He usually just lies there & snuggles is giraffe or talks to himself until he falls asleep. 

He also no longer cries before naps.  He does get fussy & then I go lay him down. But, he doesn't have to cry it out.  The only nap that gives him a hard time is the first one...but I think he just wants to keep playing...but after about 10 minutes he passed out! 

He is doing so good, and I am so proud of him.  He is taking 2 hour long naps and sleeping through the night.  This means that I am also sleeping through the night, double yay!!  I hardly know what to do with myself with all this sleep!!    :-)

Anyhow, the book we used was "The Sleep Easy Solution," and I cannot recommend it highly enough.  Anything that could get our little sleep fighter to rest is well worth the money!!

2 comments:

Radiant Readhead said...

Ava is the same way with her first morning nap! lol...but she SCREAMS at bed time. She hates going to bed, but falls asleep w/in 5-10 mins. I just think they feel they are going to miss out on something! lol. YAY for 12 hour nights!!!

Elizabeth said...

woohoo! it's amazing what sleep can do for a mama (and baby too)!