Friday, March 25, 2011

21 weeks - ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

How many weeks:  21 weeks - this is flying by for me  :0)

How am I feeling: mostly anxious. I've never been 'this' pregnant, and it is humbling and overwhelming.  Often people ask me if I'm getting excited.  And, honestly, no I'm not.  I mean, I am thrilled to be pregnant, and to be 'this' pregnant puts me over the moon.  But, I constantly feel like I have to keep my excitement boxed up - hoping that I won't be utterly devastated again.  Hoping and praying that although everything could go wrong - nothing will...  It's really a strange set of emotions.

Doctor’s Appointment:  I saw the MFM very early this morning.  Baby's heart rate was 143, and he weighed 14 oz.  My CL was 3.67!!

Weight Gain:  5lbs
Maternity Clothes:  what else is there??

Baby Preparation: Had a garage sale last Saturday to clear out the nursery.  Matt moved all the furniture into place and I just have to will myself to get in there and unpack boxes from Rowan &; Levi. 

Gender: precious baby boy (confirmed on 4 separate u/s - so anything different would totally catch us off guard LOL)

Sleep:  Sleep has never been a problem with any of my pregnancies.  I think it's because of the Prometrium.  :0)

Best moment this week:  seeing this little love again today!

Movement: He moves a lot when I'm lying down for bed.  I love those moments & can honestly say I'll miss them when he's here.  It's a safe feeling.

Food cravings: Still salty foods, peanut butter especially. 

What I miss: not being so sensitive to smells

What I am looking forward to: Today.  It's been 3 weeks since we have seen him on u/s.  I'm also looking forward to having a 3D u/s done in the weeks to come.  We want to wait until he has some fat on him!!

Milestones:  April 15th...24 weeks...Viability day!!

What baby should be looking like:

What baby is looking like:

2 comments:

Becky said...

oh I am so glad things are going well for you. It's nice to see exactly what another blm is feeling through another pregnancy since I am hoping in another few months to get pregnant again myself and so worried.

Kelly said...

I could have written this post myself...the emotions are really, really bizaree.

The "are you excited" question seems silly, too. They really just want you to say squeee!! YES!!! It's not that simple though, is it?