Friday, June 24, 2011

oh me, oh my, 34 weeks - glorious day

How many weeks:  34 weeks

How am I feeling: quite good

Doctor’s Appointment:  I saw the OB at 1:00 and for a check-up and u/s.  I see the MFM on July 11th to have my cerclage removed!!

Weight Gain: 15 lbs + holding

Maternity Clothes:  Seriously, is there anything else??  :0)

Baby Preparation: Nursery is ready, pack-n-play is set up in our room.  We had our first shower on May 22nd, and are set to have the second one tomorrow.  Holy mackerel!  We are so blessed.... :0)

Gender: precious baby boy (confirmed on many separate u/s - so anything different would totally catch us off guard LOL)

Name:  Noah Reagan McCleskey.  It means Peaceful Little King.  Pretty sweet!

Sleep:  I am awake every 3-4 hours to pee, other than that sleep is sweet!

Best moment this week:  Every moment with this little one is so sweet to me.  I will truly miss having him on the inside, but I REALLY am ready to have him here to snuggle and kiss on!!!

Movement:  His movements are farther apart, due to limited space, but they are also bigger b/c so is he...

Food cravings: nutella, chocolate, peanut butter

What I miss:  taking deep breaths w/o feeling like I'm going to have a panic attack.  Sometimes, no matter what I try, I cannot get the air in and I feel like I'll have a panic attack & then, just in time I'm able to draw in a deep breath. 

What I am looking forward to: Meeting this little man.

Milestones:  Today!  I can say that I wasn't sure I'd ever be this pregnant...or ever be pregnant again for that matter.  Knowing that I'd been pregnant twice, and lost two children, I was pretty sure my blessings were running out...not that God was going to punish me...but that maybe 2 was my limit...  That's the sick thing about losing children, you don't just lose a child.  You lose your hope, your sight and sometimes your faith.  It's a crazy journey to be a part of...but I am so glad to be a part of it.  I am deeply saddened (daily) knowing that my boys are not with me...but I am also overjoyed to be called their momma - even if it was ever so briefly.  I'm overwhelmed with the knowledge that I am so close to delivering Noah, and with the thought that he could come out perfectly healthy & screaming his head off!!  I cannot wait to hear those cries.  I have birthed two silent children, and let me tell you - never are you more aware of the silence...until it's the only thing you don't want to hear.  :(


We are full of great hope and joy as we draw closer to Noah's arrival.  My faith has been tested throughout these past weeks, and I know the weeks to come are going to be full of their own struggles and tests, and I look forward with my head held high because I know that Noah is perfectly in the palm of God's hand - just as Rowan & Levi were/are.  Man, being a mom is hard work.  :0)

Pictures:  
Well, here's the thing. Noah is so chubby that his 'little' face barely fits in one u/s pic...so I don't think we'll have any more pictures.  However, I did find this picture of what he should be looking like.






Prayer request:
Noah is breech right now, and that's fine another week or two...but we really need him to spin around.  My doctor's have told me that because of my history and the struggle with each pregnancy if he remains breech and I go into labor they will not attempt to turn him and will just proceed with a c-section --- and I REALLY want to avoid that...  So, please join with us in praying for Noah to do a flip really soon!!! 

3 comments:

Katie said...

I would suggest going to spinningbabies.com and doing some positions to get your baby to flip. My first was breech and ended in a c-section (thankfully this one is head down) and I really wish I'd tried everything to get her to flip. You can also try going to the chiropractor for the Webster technique, go here for certified chiros: http://icpa4kids.org/Find-a-Chiropractor/

I'll pray for you too! :)

MrsH said...

Yay for 34 weeks! The midwifes I once worked with suggested being in knee-chest position (Ie. squatting) for twenty minutes a day to convince the baby to flip. I don't know if it has been studied as far as outcomes, but maybe google it and see if you want to try it.

Amanda said...

thanks Katie. We have visited spinningbabies, and we are doing numerous things that they have suggested. Also, we know of a local MFM who spins using the Webster technique, although I'd like to use it as a last resort!