Monday, January 16, 2012

the marks left by love

So, I have had this picture saved for a long time.  I LOVE it so much.  The words next to it fully capture how I feel about stretch marks.  I have plenty of them.  I love them.  They are all I (physically) have left of Rowan & Levi.  They were (for a long time) the only physical thing I had that let the world know I was indeed a momma.  I LOVE my love marks.

 

(Here is what it says...)
"A mark for every breath you took, every blink, every sleepy yawn. One for every time you sucked your thumb, waved hello, closed your eyes and slept in the most perfect darkness. One for every time you had the hiccups. One for every dream you dreamed within me. It isn't very pretty anymore. Some may even think it ugly. That's OK. It was your home. It's where I first grew to love you, where I lay my hand as I dreamed about who you were and who you would be. It held you until my arms could, and for that, I will always find something beautiful in it."

4 comments:

Michele said...

I love this... I love my stretchmarks too... My husband calls them my mommymarks

Ausmerican Housewife - Creating with Kara Davies said...

I swear, Evan left a pattern of stretch marks on my belly that are like a barcode that would read "Evan was here!"

Do yours itch like mad some days?

Hannah Rose said...

awww, how sweet. I have felt this same way! I call mine my "Lily marks" :)

Hannah Rose said...

By the way, I LOVE the song playing on your blog. I've listened to it like 4 times already! :)